This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The wrath of chemo

It was my understanding that the day of and after chemo I would feel fairly OK and the effects of the chemo medications would hit about the third day.  How true that was.  Brendon and I even went out to eat with his BYU work crew at Texas Roadhouse on Fri. night.  So delicious but I sure paid for that chose of food the next day.  Saturday...it all hit.  I woke up ready for General Conference and feeling pretty good.  Decided to fold a little laundry.  I thought to myself that just maybe my experience may be better than others and I might not react too badly to this chemo deal.  I spoke too soo.  About one hour 1/2 later I was doubled over in horrific pain and nausea.  It was a miserable feeling.  Bone and muscle pain, constant trips to the restroom, and just an overwhelming yucky feeling.  I remember Elder Edgley talking about have faith and courage through trials, that some of his most difficult trails became his best learning experiences and where he found joy.  Something like that cause I was in and out of the room trying to deal with the pain.  But I remember feeling frustrated that I did not have enough faith and was not finding any joy at the moment.  I'll have to read his talk later when I am in a happier place.  Conference was absolutely comforting but I sure was miserable for those two days.  Mon. did not lighten up much but I remember the debilitating fatigue that hit.  I just did not want to do A thing.  Couldn't do a thing.  I laid on my bed hardly able to pick up my head.  I had no giddy-up in my saddle.  No zippidy in my doo-dah.  I really miss me.  It was depressing to feel that way.  I felt exhausted tues but got up on wed. to take a little walk only to be exhausted again that afternoon.  The nausea just sticks around the whole time but it is manageable.  I just feel crummy.  But, Thurs. came and Yippee I felt great just like that.  So about 1 week or less or miserable 'aint too bad if I can enjoy some days of wonderful.  Crazy journey!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Yuck. Has your experience remained the same each time you get a treatment? Do they have anything they can give you to deal with the nausea and body aches? Sorry. As your neighbor and friend I want to fix it for you. Dumb. XO

    ReplyDelete