This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome to Germophobia-land

Started feeling good one week after chemo only to catch a not so lovely cold from 3 of my kids who got ill over the weekend.  Or maybe it was from going to the BYU game on Saturday but it couldn't have been from there because we won!  Anyway, it's miserable but not sure how to avoid get sick when my immune system is shot and I do have these 6 little things living in my home--my kids.  Kids are disgusting, let's just be honest here.  Suddenly I am forced into the germaphobia world of which I was quite foreign too but am now their biggest supporter.  I am suddenly aware of germ targets everywhere.  I gotta stay healthy as possible during these chemo days.  How to do that is the question.  Well, we are washing up and germXing up and covering mouths and lysoling down and cleaning.  The only thing I have not done yet is completely secluded myself from all life force.  Not sure I can do that.  Anyway, I now welcome me to this club as well.   And thanks Dad, for al the supplies.  We are loaded up with the defenses.  AhhhhChooooo...gimmee germX!

No comments:

Post a Comment