This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Monday, October 18, 2010

Smiles at walmart

Got up to feeling good today and decided I needed to keep my girls home with me.  My dearest neighbors have set up a rotation for my two youngest girls to go and play at different homes each day as I adjust to the side effects of chemo.  So gracious of them and I don't know what I would do each day without their support.  Plus my girls love it.  Anyway, I do miss them and I miss our normalcy at times.  So I had them with me and decided I would venture to Walmart for the first time grocery shopping since August.  Brendon and moms have been wonderful to help.  It was time for me to tackle it again.  I found myself smiling through the aisles with my cute girls.  I dare say I may have skipped a time or two.So happy to be grocery shopping and feeling normal again.  With the exception that I was occasionally worried about germs.  Yes, I have turned into that kind of a worrier.  Still, I find myself quite content to be living my life.  And cooking again.  Two soups on the menu this week.  Sure has been nice to have meals brought in and one less thing to stress about but my ward sisters need a break from time to time.   This will be a long process.  Happy Walmart shopping with your kids to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment