This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Well and whole

One of my greatest friends when I was a kid and still now, Ali, called me up to go to the temple with her this morning.  We went to perform initiatories.  I am so grateful for the blessings promised us.  I am grateful for the peace and calm wellness I felt there.  I am grateful for the reminder.  So good to talk with you, Ali.  We have some great empathy for one another's struggles.  Strengthened me a lot.  This was something I needed as I am heading into my 2nd chemo round this Thrus.  I have heard a lot of terrible things about the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th treatments.  I don't know what to expect.  I am so grateful for this time around where I felt almost normal and was free of nausea, pain, and could function and feel happy.  I have described it like standing in the middle of the road, knowing a huge truck is coming around the corner fast and I cannot step out of the way.  So I just wait there and worry how much it will hurt.  I know I have to have chemo.  It's just not knowing what to expect the few days after but knowing it will hurt.  But each day I feel good is such a blessing that I am trying harder to be very present in my life and not worry about what is inevitably on it's way.  Now that it is almost here, let's just do this thing and hunker down for a few days then get on with the happy, feeling good parts again.  Sometimes it overwhelms me but again, I look to concentrate on the now for now and thank the Lord EACH day MANY times a day for the chance to feel well and whole....ish.  That is great for now.

1 comment:

  1. Delayne, it meant so much to Ali to have that special time with you! You are such a special, amazing, incredible woman! I love you so much. Thank you for sharing your most precious thoughts with us, it is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete