This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I love hugs!!!

Went to church today and sang with my 5 sisters and mom in sacrament meeting.  We sang, Abide With Me, 'Tis Eventide which I picked out because it is so beautiful and very real for me right now..  I can remember two times in my life when I have really remember calling on the Lord for help.  Once was in the MTC when there was so much change and pressure going on and of course, during all this cancer deal.  I have plead to the Lord so many times in every way and situation.  And now that I have had some anxiety issues after surgery, I have found that I enjoy the daytime much better than night and need the Lord's help to get me through.  Anyway, I always love to sing with my sisters and mom and try to whenever Audralyn comes in town from Texas.  Great to see everyone and go to YW's to see my girls.  I love them.  I was literally exhausted when I came home.
Two neighbors, Dan Arbon and Mark Simmons, brought over some berry pies for us to taste and judge on.  A lot of pressure.  Raspberry and triple berry.  They were so different and both delicious so how do we judge that?  We have decided to tell them individually that they both won and hope they don't talk to one another.  We'll see if that works.
One thing I have noticed is how much of a hugger I was before all this because I sure notice a difference now.  I MISS HUGS!!!  Now I have to do the side hug and very gingerly at that.  A frontal hug usually is careful and distant.  I admit that boundaries are hard for me.  There is definately a boundary around me of protection.  Bummer.  I am going to hug the heck out of people when this is all over with.  So get ready world!!!  Good day!

5 comments:

  1. This reminds me that I wanted to thank you for singing with your sisters and mom on Sunday. I don't get very emotional about things these days, but that got to me. There are a lot of different reasons why--suffice it to say I am SO grateful to you and your family for sharing your talents.
    My sister was recently called as the ward music director (your old calling :-(). When she was called, the bishop told her that he and the Stake Pres feel sacrament meeting music is vitally important at this time when so many people are struggling with great challenges. They told her that the Spirit that comes with Sacrament Meeting musical numbers will be as much or more strengthening than any of the talks given.
    That was truly the case in our ward last Sunday.
    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you DeLayne! I can't wait to hug the heck out of you when this is all over either. There is not a moment in my day that I don't think of you. And there is not a family prayer that we say that my girls don't remind Brandon to include you in the prayer. I'm dying to come and visit you but every time I try you have lots of cars at your house and I don't want to overwhelm you. I'm so glad that you have so many people around you all of the time. You are the most loved person I know. True Karma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeLayne,
    If you had a dollar for every time we thought, spoke or prayed for you in our family, you would be rich! There have been many a prayer when the kids have forgotten to mention you in our family prayer only to be reminded and we all continue kneeling to plead with the Lord to help you feel of His love and to help you heal completely.
    David and I have wanted to drop by but obviously haven't done it yet. Hopefully we can find a time soon to come show you our love for you and your family. We are so grateful for your true friendship.
    We love you,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delayne! Wow! you are amazing! Hang in there girl! You are so strong. Thanks for your example!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Sweetie! I saw you at the BYU game and wanted to yell across the rows, but no one would have heard me. You're a beautiful lady! luvs luvs luvs
    KPowell

    ReplyDelete