This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Saturday, September 11, 2010

My great YW Yayhoo's!

This morning with children off staying with their two awesome cousins, Brittany and Kelly Bluth (thank you so much girls-love you for that!) Brendon allowed me to sleep in a bit.  No complaints against that from me.  Slow, tired morning.  Got up and fixed my own fried eggs for the first time and thought that to be something of an accomplishment.  Soon after my dearest friend, Crystal, shows up to announce that my sweet YW girls had just played their first church volleyball game that morning and wanted to drop by for a visit.  Put on my robe to join them outside only to find them forming a pyramid and chanting our ward cheer for me.  I literally think that my owie condition just may be cheered away by these energetic and loving girls.  We had a great visit as they walked me around the cul-de-sac two times.  We made quite a spectacul with my cheering mob of girls walking this feeble lady around in my pajamas and robe while YW leaders took picture and video like paparazzi. Everyone of them had tie-dyed their team shirts the night before in pink and white in honor of me (thanks for heading that up Brynn).  What a sight!!  I was absolutely thrilled and very touched by the calibur of thoughtfulness in these young girls hearts.  Had to take a nap after all that excitement wore me out.  They apparantly did not win their volleyball game but they did score many points and are definitly winners in team spirit!!!!  Who can beat that?!  I am so blessed to serve in this calling.  What a great start to my day!  Love you YW girls and leaders!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Your post made me cry. You are an amazing lady! Know you are in our prayers everyday. Luv- Matt, Jen and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Sis. Dayton!!! Last week at school I had a worksheet in Study Skills, it asked questions about our life and decisions we would make and stuff like that. One of the questions asked,"Name the person that stands out to you and has affected you in life" Well I said you!!! Because you have always stood out to me as someone that cares for other people, is very outgoing, and makes the best of situations. That is the kind of person that I want to be!!!! I love you Sis. Dayton and I know you have a lot of help, but I am here if you need anything! Love Mairin Strauss

    ReplyDelete