This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Family Night at Temple Square

Dec. 13 our family went up to stay at the Kimball hotel with my sister Charalece and her family.  We met at Crown Burger, kind of a tradition to eat there.  Yummy food but soon discovered not so good for my tummy during this time of my life.  I have learned I have to be careful with a few things I eat.  Greasy stuff especially.  We then returned to the hotel and walked down to temple square to see the Christmas lights.  It was a really fun night and very calm weather.  We spent the night at the hotel with kids sleeping everywhere.  Fun memory with cousins.  Slept in the next morning and took the kids to school just a little late.  We don't do that often but thought it would be a fun get away and Christmas memory.  Loved it!
     Dec. 15th Jaxson rocked out with his friend, John on their guitars duuring lunch hour at their Jr. High for "Battle of the Bands."  They call themselves "The Band."  They were awesome and are really good.  I was so happy to be there cheering him on with John's parents, Hollie and John.  We bought Jaxson his new guitar for Chritmas and gave it to him a little early so he could maximize his rock out!  Well done!
Dayton kids at Temple Square in SLC
Jaxson (left) and John--"The Band"

1 comment: