This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Monday, December 13, 2010

4th Chemo


My 4th Chemo was on Dec. 3, 2010.  All went well and normal.  After checking my blood they determined my levels to be low but that is expected and so they proceeded with the chemo.  I have a little singing group of just under 40 kids and our 1st performance was that very same night at the Festival of Trees.  Somehow when I scheduled the performance way back in the summer I didn't plan on cancer and chemo fell right on the same day as the Festival.  What do ya do? You just do it.  Chemo makes me feel quite yucky and tired right on the initial day so I was a bit worried about maybe getting a rest in before the night.  Turns out that wasn't to be.  With 5 of my own kids to get ready and making sure we got there in plenty of time, no rest was allowed.  I did not feel well but it turned out to be the best thing for me.  What a great distraction.  I didn't have time to focus on how lousy I was feeling.  I was able to focus on those great kids and all their families who came to watch and support.  Those kids were incredible!  They performed better than I have ever seen.  It was a blast to be a part of and I love them all!  I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to teach them a few Christmas songs to perform.  So Fun!  And of course the Festival of Trees is such an amazing event with a wonderful spirit of giving and love there.  My little group has performed a few more times this Christmas season but that Festival of Trees was our best.  I teared up in gratitude for a chance to be there and watch all their hard work performed so darling.  It was a blast!
     This 4th round of chemo was awful as expected but not as bad as the 3rd.  Just the normal bad week with two good weeks to follow.  It seems to take just a little more each time to get my giddy-yup back but it eventually comes and I continue trottin' again.  Once again, I am convinced the prayers of family and friends are heard by the Lord who has blessed our family with great days.  I have also been so grateful to one of my best friends since childhood, Ali Rae, who has made the effort before each chemo to take me to the temple with her.  My sister, Charalece, came this last time as well and we had such a great , peaceful experience.  We were reminded by the sealer that we go to the temple out of obedience and service, to renew the Holy Ghost in us, and now the Lord would consecrate our performance.  (2 Nephi 32:9).  We all left a little teary-eyed feeling the spirit witness that truth to us. It was a Good day.  

3 comments:

  1. so cute! you are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how gorgeous you are! Sending love. k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are blessing Ali's life as much as she is blessing yours! I shared your incredible optimism visiting teaching yesterday. You really are an inspiration!
    love you sweetie,
    Joce

    ReplyDelete