This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Great day for Boating!

Went boating on Utah Lake on this beautiful sat. with my twin sister DeLonne and her 5 boys (she is expecting her first girl in Oct.--hooray!) and my other sister Charalece and her kids.  Just thought we shouldn't waste a great boating day just cuz we got some news about a little cancer.  Loved the water, loved driving the kids around on the tube and watching them fly off, loved the laughter.  First timers for the Hucks boys who seemed a bit tenative at first but warmed up quickly and went crazy after that.  We went in on a boat with a good friend of ours and are new to it this summer.  Our family has loved every moment out on any lake.  Just got back from a fantastic Bear Lake vacation with another sister, Lareen and her family just days before the cancer news.  It has been a fantastic thing to do together as a family.  Not sure how many more days we will get out on the Lake so wanted to take advantage today.  Got a phone call in the middle of boating fun to schedule an MRI for mon. before we meet with our surgeon tues.  Kind of brought me back to reality again.  This is really happening so fast.  I am nervous about these unknown procedures.  I suppose for now, I'll just enjoy each moment instead of looking too far ahead.  Great day of boating!  Thanks for going with me sis.'s!

No comments:

Post a Comment