This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My AMAZING ward family!

Today was church day and an absolutely amazing church day.  I walked into the foyer at our ward building only to see my cute YW Beehvies (I am maybe 2 weeks newly called as the 2nd counselor in our YW--hooray for me!!) holding buckets at the doors to the chapel.  With a smile I said, "Are you collecting money for something girls?"  just as they handed me a small pink ribbon.  I stared at it for a moment confused until it registered that they were handing everyone the small pink ribbon symbol in support of me.  Little 'ol me.  I walked into the chapel and broke down crying that ugly kind of cry.  I was literally shaking and have never been so humbly surprised in my life.  And the kicker was that I am ward chorister so I had to stand up in front of the congregation to lead the songs as a wreck.  Plus they released me from my ward music director/ward choir director calling that I loved so much. I was sad for that but knew it was coming.   I was quite emotional as one might imagine to see the see of pink ribbons on both young and old.  And how awesome to see every deacon pass the sacrament and walk up and down the aisles wearing pink ribbons.  We were all teary eyed but I stood up with a huge happy smile on my face as I directed those songs.  What wonderful people who I love with all my heart.  Thank you to all of those good neighbors and girls who put that together ( you know who you are) and all the ward members for supporting it.  We feel your love and prayers and they have uplifted us so much.  What an incredible gesture for us!!!!  Thank you Thank you!

We ended the with a delicious dinner with the "fancy" dishes at my mom and dad's home with loving family.  Visitng with them was so wonderful and sweet.  Brother Larry even came down and shared some very tender, thoughtful feelings with me.  I am learning that this is almost harder for my loved ones than me.  It is hard for them to imagine me going through this.  How I love them all.  It was such a rewarding day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment