This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Going for a Mammo

Today I went in for my second mammogram in under 1 year.  Before last Sept 2009 I had noticed a lump in my left breast--not too small, easily detectable.  I know the seriousness of that so I did not hesitate to visit my Gynocologist and he reassured me to schedule a mammogram at AF hospital.  Report from that came back that it was a cyst--it might go away, it might not but nothing to be concerned about.  Maybe I should have had it taken out but it is not in my nature to worry so I did not.  Still, ever aware of the lump, I noticed it seemed to be growing.  I made an appointment for another mammo and expressed my concern about growth so they scheduled an ultrasound as well.  As we were doing the ultrasound today the radiologist (who was awesome) came in and told me he remembered my mammo from last year and was very concerned because he easily noticed a change.  He told me that anytime a lump is invovled, an ultrasound should be done as well.   I did not do that last year.  He said we needed to do an immediate biospy and send it in.  I was in shock and knew something had to be wrong.  The biopsy was a trip and crazy.  He said just by looking at the ultrasound it may be cancerous.  So there we have it.  Reports go in today and we should find out by Fri.  What in the world?  I feel perfectly fine going on with life doo-dee-doo and then HELLLLOOOOO!  Well, we shall see what is to come.  Very strange.  Brendon very concerned. Lots going through my brain.

1 comment:

  1. Mammography or Mammo is a specific type of imaging that uses a low-dose x-ray system to examine breasts. A mammography exam, called a mammogram, is used to aid in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women.

    ReplyDelete