This is me starting a blog for the purpose of updating loved ones on my condition as I am currently going through the lovelies of breast cancer. I have found that talking with others and sharing my feelings through this experience has really helped me get some things "off my chest" as I literally get things off my chest. Hopefully it will be helpful, insightful, and maybe we'll get a little laugh. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I feel so very blessed. DeLayne

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Radiation update

It has been almost two weeks since I began radiation.  It is a trip to be going through this.  The technicians and doctor have been so informative and caring with my concerns.  I go in every work day in the morning. They align me up just right to match the grid and I lay there while this big machine stops three different times on the target area.  I have felt a little tightness on the radiation side but not redness yet.  I can feel the heat on occasion from that side.  I really have felt the fatigue.  It's hard to be feeling so tired all the time when I am trying to keep up at my usual pace.  It appears the radiation has had some affect on my throat area causing me to feel like I am swallowing glass all the time, and causing swelling.  They are adjusting the grid a bit to see if that will help.  It's painful but Radiation is much better than chemo.  Looking forward to April when this phase is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment